Brattleboro Museum & Art Center
Founded in 1972, the Brattleboro Museum & Art Center (BMAC) is an independent, non-collecting, contemporary art museum, whose mission is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage people of all ages. BMAC’s frequently changing exhibits, education programs, and public events seek to reflect and enhance the cultural richness of the communities we serve. BMAC’s principal activities encompass:
- Production and presentation of thought-provoking art exhibits, with a particular emphasis on the art of our time;
- Public events such as lectures, workshops, and performances that complement exhibits and bring accomplished artists and scholars to the region;
- Education programs that enhance arts learning and creativity in schools and in the museum’s galleries;
- Celebratory events that foster civic pride, raise awareness of the region’s cultural resources, and strengthen the social fabric of the communities we serve; and
- Preservation and enhancement of the architecturally and historically significant building that is our home.
Incorporated as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation in the State of Vermont, BMAC is a membership organization. Membership is open to the general public and is based on payment of annual dues.
YES, we ARE OPEN:
Wednesday – Sunday: 10am – 4pm
10 Vernon St,
Brattleboro, VT 05301