Welcome to Brattleboro, Vermont
Downtown Brattleboro is the artistic and energetic hub for the Southern Vermont region. Coming from every direction, miles of mountain roads converge in our little town and downtown is a lively scene with an eclectic mix of people and places. Cafes, galleries, live music, breweries, museums, boutiques, an Art Deco movie theater, state of the art Food Coop, and a dozen fantastic dining options - Brattleboro is great place to visit and a wonderful place to live.
Four hours from NYC and two hours from Boston, Brattleboro is the gateway to Vermont off of exits 1,2, and 3 on Interstate 91. We have plenty of parking in five public lots, and everything in the downtown area is walkable, including:
- Four independent bookstores
- Two record shops
- Four antique/second hand shops
- Three sporting goods stores
- Five bakeries
- One magical movie theater and hotel
- Two breweries
- 4 cafes and coffee shops, one coffee roaster
- 4 art galleries and 1 museum featuring Vermont artists
- 14 dining options many featuring local farms
- One Connecticut River
- And One view of Mt. Wantastiquet
We are the One and Only Brattleboro, a small Vermont town with a thriving downtown serving the artistic, social, and economic community for miles around. We regularly make the “Best small town” lists of many publications, come for a visit and see why!