The Downtown Brattleboro Alliance (DBA) is a member-based 501(c)3 non-profit.
Daily operations are conducted by the Downtown Coordinator and the Board of Directors.
DBA Members help develop and approve the annual work plan and budget, supporting the work of making, and keeping, Downtown Brattleboro the fun, funky place to find all of Vermont, right on the edge.
Why join DBA?
The reasons for joining DBA as a member are as varied as the members themselves.
- Be part of the positive movement in Downtown Brattleboro
- Have formal input into the annual work plan and budget for the organization
- Voting privileges to approve work plan and budget
- Priority Access to Matching Grants: economic development and facade improvement
- Receive Downtown Happenings newsletter
- Access to National Main Street Program resources
- Listing on brattleboro.com website membership page
- Admission to networking and Members-only events
- Join DBA Board of Directors and Committees
- Access to information on Funding and Resources for Downtown Property Owners
- Monthly Downtown Business meetings
- Access to state of Vermont marketing information and downtown opportunities
- First-in line for local and regional promotional opportunities, including co-op advertising, radio, web and print
- Support in promoting events
- Supporting the efforts of the Downtown Brattleboro Alliance:
(National Main Street program, state of Vermont Downtown organization; downtown design: flowers, lights, facade improvement grants); economic development: (econ dev matching grants); promotions (marketing Brattleboro and Downtown through targeted PR, social media, co-op advertising, downtown business meetings, brattleboro.com website)
All of this for the nominal amount of $25/ year.
Who Can Join?
To become a Member of DBA, you must be one of the following:
- Commercial Property Owner in the DID (see map to the right)
- Business Owner in the DID (see map to the right)
- Resident in the DID (see map to the right)
- Non-profit in the DID (see map to the right)
If you live outside the DID, you can now join as a Friend of DBA! Just fill out the Friend of DBA application here, and make an annual donation.Friend of DBA Application
How to Join
To become a member of DBA, make sure you are eligible, and then follow these two easy steps:
Pay Membership Dues
Click link below for secure, online payment via paypal or credit card
($25, DID commercial property owners are exempt from this step)
You can also mail a check to:
PO Box 961
Brattleboro, VT 05301